Sign in or
Reference Desks on flickr
We would like to see the physical layout of reference service areas throughout the UW System, and while it would be great fun to travel the state visiting each other's reference desks, most travel budgets don’t allow that. Instead, we are asking you to join us on a virtual “reference desk fieldtrip” using flickr (the photo-sharing site at flickr.com). You are invited to join the flickr group, “Library Reference Desks,” contribute photos of your reference desk, and see what other libraries are doing. (http://www.flickr.com/groups/referencedesks/). Please tag your photo(s) with “UWS” and “academic.” If you are new to flickr, this is your opportunity to try it out (for a professional purpose)! Here’s a quick-n-dirty how-to for joining the group and adding your photos: To join the Library Reference Desks flickr group:
- If you do not have a flickr account, create one by going to flickr.com, and clicking “Create an account.”
- Sign in to flickr and click on GROUPS. In the “find a group” box, search for “Library Reference Desks”. Click on the “Library Reference Desks” group from the results, and then click on “Join this Group.”
- In flickr, click on HOME. On the homepage, click on “Upload Photos,” and follow instructions.
- You will have the option to tag (assign keywords to) your photo. Please include the tags “academic” and “UWS.”
- In the description area, please consider including the name of your library and institution, a description of the reference desk’s placement in the library, special features, etc.
- Once a photo is uploaded, click on it. Above it you should see a “Send to group” button. Clicking on this button will show all the flickr groups of which you are a member. Select “Library Reference Desks.”
Latest page update: made by Jill.Markgraf
, May 1 2008, 3:41 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Jill.Markgraf
313 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.