Sign in or
Meeting notes 9/8/2008
Attending: Pat Wilkinson, Valerie Malzacher, Jean Gilbertson (notetaker), Ewa Barzcyk, Leanne Hansen, Lisa Jewell, Richard Reeb, John Pollitz, Josh Ranger
1. Membership of 2009 Annual Conference WG - deadline is 9/8
- Richard - Dina Kaye (UW-Parkside) has volunteered as CRS rep.
- Josh - DICC rep not yet identified
- Marlys (not on call) – Mitch Lundquist (UW-Madison) has volunteered as LTCC rep.
- Steve (not on call) - USCC rep not yet identified
2. CC Chairs’ Annual Reports for 07/08 – deadline 9/8
Jean said that reports can be brief, summarizing overall committee accomplishments in relation to the strategic plan and action items. The completed quarterly CC reports, which are more detailed, will remain on the CUWL website, along with each CC’s brief annual report. As past CUWL chair, Jean will draft a brief CUWL annual report for 07/08 for CUWL members and for UW System, esp. Rebecca Martin.
- Richard – report coming soon
- Josh – report has been submitted
- Marlys – report has been submitted
- Steve –report coming soon
3. 2008 Annual Conference Report
Steve will submit his report on the June meeting very soon.
4. Change settings of email lists to reply to sender only.
Lisa indicated that she has asked someone at OLIT to take care of this. Should be done this week.
5. Updates from CC Chairs
- CRS (Richard) -- Shelving survey results almost completed – will be distributed to CUWL .Charge for Doc Del Working Group has been revised and approved. Library Dynamics - question about training opportunities has been referred to the Working Group and also will be discussed at the fall CDC meeting. Terry Wilcox, state ILL librarian and member of the state Delivery Services Advisory Committee, has asked UW libraries to revise the UB call slip to bring into conformity with the committee's recommendations. Followup with Terry Wilcos is planned. CC has reviewed the content found on the CUWL website and the wiki and is not concerned about the small amount of duplication between them.
- DICC (Josh) - Conference call being scheduled before Nov. CUWL meeting.
- USCC (Valerie for Steve) - there is a conference call this Friday
- LTCC (Marlys not on call)
6. Other items –
There will be advocacy training for CUWL directors to assist them in efforts to gain support for the UW System budget request. Training will be in Madison in October. No date yet.
Plans for fall CUWL meeting in Green Lake are underway. Keynote plenary will be on the Digital Marketplace product. CIOs do not want to have a presentation on RIAA issue. It’s still unclear whether the LTDC group will be at the meeting. Ewa will ask CC chairs to submit agenda items for the meeting within the next two weeks. Pat said that Kathy Schneider will want to report to CUWL after attending the meeting with OCLC on October 9.
Valerie said that WAAL is offering a scholarship to a young librarian to attend WLA. She encouraged us to identify potential candidates.
Next Chairs call – October 13
Latest page update: made by jgilbertson
, Oct 6 2008, 4:47 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Per Reeb 9/10
79 words added
45 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.