Sign in or
Library Technology Questions
- Describe general architecture and design
- Identify platform issues and options
- Address scalability potential and performance
- Is there an API to access your content? Are they available for evaluation?
- Describe how institutions can interface with hosted, indexed data, including native interfaces, customization of those interfaces and APIs
- Please provide any examples of institutions that are employing APIs or other means of customizing your interface for local implementations.
- Do customers have ability to modify indexing parameters, algorithms or facets?
- Can our data (local collections, etc.) be merged into your content? Briefly explain the process including any pre-processing requirements, etc
- Language/character set support?
- What kinds of content are you indexing? (Bib data, article metadata, full text, digital collections)
- What data formats and schemas can you index? (MARC, EAD, MODS, METS, TEI, Dublin Core, others?)
- Provide examples of your support of various data formats
- How often is content updated?
- Does your product support harvesting of local UW digital collections? If so, how does the process work and when are items then available in your index?
- Does your system run on hosted hardware or does the customer host?
Patron authentication is managed by each institution using a variety of methods. However, the UW-System has a central authentication hub and Shibboleth architecture to support greater integration of authentication and authorization services.
Latest page update: made by mlundquist
, May 20 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by mlundquist
157 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.