Sign in or
2010 Nov. 18: LEAP'in Libraries
Integrating Libraries and Information Literacy in Campus Core Competencies and General Education
Discussion facilitated by:
Kate Ganski, UW-Milwaukee
Laura Jacobs, UW-Superior
Sarah McDaniel, UW-Madison
Thursday, November 18 12-1pm.
1. AACU LEAP BACKGROUND http://www.aacu.org/leap/index.cfm
2. AACU page on the Wisconsin Initiative includes details from some campuses http://www.aacu.org/leap/wisconsin_initiative.cfm
3. LEAP IN WISCONSIN Liberal Education Initiative http://liberaleducation.uwsa.edu/leap.htm
4. Wisconsin’s Growth Agenda, including Shared Learning Goals (page 1 of 12 page pdf) http://www.wisconsin.edu/assets/growth_agenda/docs/2009-11/actionsteps/ActionSteps.pdf
1. Who should be involved in the planning and discussion of LEAP initiatives on your campus? How should this person be selected? And what are the library’s goals?
2. What steps should the library take in order to further integrate information literacy into the General Education Curriculum?
3. Are there LEAP-related initiatives that your library is working on outside of integration of information literacy into the general education curriculum? How is your library identifying and prioritizing these initiatives?
4. How could CUWL assist libraries as the LEAP Essential Learning Outcomes are adopted by more campuses?
5. Information Literacy initiatives are resource-intensive: How does your library plan to deal with staffing and other resource issues – especially given the current economic climate?
6. How can we share messages about our participation in LEAP and our information literacy initiatives beyond the library at the campus, system and national levels?
Listen to a recording of this event
Latest page update: made by Jill.Markgraf
, Nov 21 2010, 5:10 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Jill.Markgraf
7 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.